Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What Makes You Smile/

I was walking to work this morning and was looking at all the people beetling along to work in Toronto. I was struck by how few of them were smiling! It was a sunny morning, a little chilly but certainly better than the Wintry mornings of just a few weeks ago! Most of us walking along that route have the promise of Spring, a sunny day, gainful employment ... AND we live in one of the best countries in the World!

I found myself smiling because of how nice the walk was this morning. I was smiling because so many people looked downright grumpy (who would want to wake up next to them)! With all of this smiling I felt great … the perfect way to start the day.

Anyone who reads this blog regularly knows that one of my favorite sayings is “Walk Fast and Smile” … which is exactly what I was practicing on my walk to work.

I also wrote a recent blog entry suggesting that people should smile, because it is contagious.

So the question for the day is … what makes you smile?

More to the point … I believe there are lots of reasons to smile, all you have to do is focus on them. Keep smiling … its good for you!